Lahore, November 23, 2022 (PPI-OT):Herbion is a leading healthcare development company, a dynamic global business, a center of inventive research, herbal, therapeutic solutions and standardized raw extracts. Ever since Herbion was formed in 1983, they have been committed to innovating with herbs of the world to provide an array of superior-quality, and efficacious healthcare products every day to our valuable customers. With their research-based herbal products, strong workforce, and a well-established marketing structure throughout the 39 years of service, Herbion has managed to expand its operations around the globe.
Herbion runs on the values of quality and impact to foster a healthy, competitive working environment and intellectual freedom for its employees. However, the company is not confined to its employees, it also commits itself to play an active role in community development. Being one of the world’s leading herbal healthcare companies, they collaborate with medical practitioners, governments, and local communities to support and expand access of reliable, natural and affordable healthcare to millions of consumers around the world who use their products with conviction. Over 1,000 staff members at Herbion worldwide are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of millions.
In order to develop industry academia linkages, UCP Business School signed an MOU with Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. MOU signing ceremony was scheduled on Friday, 11th November,2022 at 4:00 PM in Boardroom Building C. The MOU was proposed by Ms. Syeda Uzma Tahira Senior Lecturer, Operations and Supply Chain Management and Ms. Uzma Safdar, Head of HR, Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.
Following members from Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. attend the event.
1. Ayaz Butt – Manager HR and Admin
2. Ali Azam – Officer HR and Admin
Following Members from UCP Business School were present at the occasion:
1. Professor Shafique Ahmed Uqaili – Dean/Director FOMS
2. Raja Irfan Sabir HOD, Marketing Operations and Supply Chain
3. Rizwan Ali – Assistant Professor, Marketing
4. Nida Zaheer – Assistant Professor Marketing
5. Faghia Mazha – Senior Lecturer, Marketing
6. Syeda Uzma Tahira – Senior Lecturer, Operations and Supply Chain
Major objectives of this industry-academia collaboration are:
To bridge the gap between academia and industry to facilitate future human resource development through mutually beneficial programs and activities including recruitment drives.
To promote the best practices of Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. amongst the students and the alumni body of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab, Lahore by conducting informative sessions and site visits.
To develop constructive academic case studies from real-time business practices and situations to mutually facilitate the growth and development of both the parties.
To nurture the specific skill-set required at the Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. industrial facility, and to encourage the prospective future hiring from the graduates of UCP Business School.
To upgrade current understanding, skills and knowledge of UCP Business School’s participants via conferences and seminars, having senior practitioners from Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. to give career and professional advice.
To bridge the gap between the seasoned professionals and young aspiring professionals/students through mentoring and internship programs
Areas of Collaboration:
Possible areas of collaboration for the parties would be:
1. Developing linkage with corporate sector for students’ development through internship programs, academic projects and guest speaker sessions from the corporate sector.
2. Developing case studies or business scenarios from the corporate industry for students’ engagement purposes, during their tenure of studies. It would give a reflection to students, how organizations operate and challenges they face. It would be done with the consent of the respective firm.
3. Inviting representatives from the corporate sector in corporate or industrial advisory board meetings of the institution for sharing knowledge about latest skillsets required in the business industry.
4. Granting access to the corporate sector to young, energetic and motivated youth, through their recruitment drive in the university.
5. Arranging site visits for students.
6. Training sessions will be arranged for Herbion Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. employees by UCP Business School on Design Thinking and Problem Solving at Herbion Pakistan or at UCP Business School.
For more information, contact:
University of Central Punjab (UCP)
Khayaban-e-Jinnah Road, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan